There are many workout regimens out there and most usually include running in a treadmill. The reason behind this is that treadmill workouts provide less damage to your joints than walking on the ground since most the treadmills in the market come with shock absorption features. In order for you to get the best out of your treadmill experience, you need to choose the best pair of shoes that complement your stride by providing you with the right sense of comfort, cushioning and proper fit.
These are just some of the characteristics that you need to look out for in the best shoes for walking on treadmill.
|ASICS Gel Kayano||Men and Women||Lightweight||$$$||Click to see prices on Amazon.com|
|Nike Air Max||Men and Women||Lightweight||$$$||Click to see prices on Amazon.com|
Tips on How to Choose your Treadmill Shoes
There are many options available when it comes shoes to wear when working out on a treadmill. You need to remember that not all shoes are the same as different people have their own unique foot characteristics and personal preference. It is greatly recommended that to get your feet measured and seek some professional advice from a shoe expert.
Here are some of the basic tips to bear in mind when shopping around for a pair of shoes for treadmill use.
- You need to understand that regular running and treadmill running are two different things. You cannot simply use the same shoes for these two different activities. Before purchasing, you need to determine what type of movement you will be performing on the treadmill as doing so provides higher impact to the balls of your feet. Therefore, you need to choose the shoes that provide proper cushioning in order to avoid injuries or you can resort to shoe inserts.
- People with foot problems, e.g. plantar fasciitis, will need to talk to their podiatrist before getting a pair of shoes since choosing the wrong pair can cause severe injury and can contribute to the worsening of your foot problem. When you are buying shoes for exercise for the very first time, you may need to have your feet measured at a shoe store in order to see if you have foot problems like overpronation, flat feet, pigeon toes, etc.
- Shoes that are designed specifically for walking or running need to be lightweight. This is to provide you with flexibility and mobility. The only issues with lightweight shoes is that they contain little amount of cushioning. You will need to double your efforts in finding the pair of shoes that has the balance between weight and cushioning for a better treadmill experience.
Best Shoes for Walking on Treadmill
ASICS Gel Kayano Review
ASICS is one of the prominently features brands in this site because of its outstanding performance in the market in terms of manufacturing high-quality shoes. The ASICS Gel Kayano is a pair of shoes that boasts exceptional comfort and perfect stability. It can help you ensure a more efficient gait cycle in each and every stride you make, whether you are running outdoors or working out on a treadmill.
It features an IGS or Impact Guidance system that helps enhance your foot’s natural gait while running. It also come with a Space Trusstic System that helps create a pocket between the midsole and the Trusstic System to provide you with a better midsole deformation and more efficient foot function. Another great feature of this shoe is that it comes with a DuoMax Support system that provides you proper support for your foot as you move. Check out the men’s version and the women’s version.
- Great stability and support
- Enhanced comfort and cushioning
- Great traction on the ground
- Great shoes for treadmill use
- A bit heavier compared to other running shoes
- Not recommended for snow and rough terrain use
Nike Air Max Review
Nike is, of course, Nike. The brand is almost synonymous to high-quality shoes. The brand has been in business for many years and is still one of the highly-favored names by many shoe enthusiasts and active people when it comes to athletic footwear. The Nike Air Max continues the brand’s streak in providing the market with high-quality athletic footwear.
If comfort is what you are looking for, the Nike Air Max fits the bill just right. It also has a breathable upper that provides you with comfort even after hours of walking or working out on a treadmill. It is also made with some of the best materials in the market so you can ensure that you get the best value out of your investment. Check out the men’s version and the women’s version.
- Durable construction
- Easy to clean
- A bit on the heavy side
Working out on a treadmill can do wonders for your health. In order for you to get the best out of your workout experience, you need to have the right pair of shoes for the activity. Working out on a treadmill can be strenuous so choosing the best shoes for walking on treadmill can help you get through the workout without any discomfort and pain. Simply choose from the three shoes featured above and start working out!