Whether you need mobility assistance due to age or a medical condition, it’s important to get your walking cane needs right. A cane is not just a stick of wood, it is an aid which allows you to move around freely and comfortably, giving you support and confidence when you are out and about, doing whatever it is you’re doing. Without a high quality walking cane, you could find your confidence dented, and that means you might begin to avoid going out as much as you should.
Put simply, this problem can be solved quite simply, by purchasing the best walking cane for your needs. There are of course countless on the market, but how do you know which are good and which are best avoided? Product information can be presented in a way to make the product look better than it is in reality, but reviews never lie. For that reason, we have reviewed a few of the best walking canes on the market, to help make your decision that little bit easier.
Best Walking Cane Reviews
Drive Medical Round Handle Aluminum Cane
This particular walking cane is very highly rated and that gives you confidence that your purchase is a positive one. The cane has a rounded handle, which most people find much easier to grip and hold, giving extra support. The grip itself is vinyl, so less chance of slipping, and that means you will also find good grip when wearing gloves during colder weather. The handle itself adjusts, so whether you’re shorter or taller, you’ll be comfortable when using it; the handle adjusts from 30 to 39″ in total. The adjustment is easily made by pressing a button and then the locking ring tucks into place, to ensure the height doesn’t slip as you use it.
There is a lifetime warranty on this product from the manufacturer, and the weight limit is 300lb, so it is suitable for the overwhelming majority of people.
- Rounded handle with vinyl grip for security and safety
- Adjustable height from 30-31″
- Height adjusts with a button and locking mechanism
- Weight limit of 300lb
- Lifetime warranty
All customers rate this walking cane very highly, and most say that it is a very lightweight option to take with you, even if you don’t need to use it all the time. The adjustment section is also very easy to use, and doesn’t stick or need to be pulled too much, in order for the adjustment to occur. The price is also very pleasing for customers, who state it is great value for money.
- Rounded handle with vinyl grip is easy to hold, with no slip
- Height adjustment is easy to do, and locks securely into place, with no worries of slippage
- Lightweight option
- Low price
- This walking cane isn’t telescopic, so it can’t be made smaller for storage
DMI Deluxe Adjustable Cane With Comfort Grip Handle And Strap
This particular walking cane has several features which makes it stand out against the rest, and that is why it is so highly rated by customers. The cane itself looks attractive, with a polished black metal, giving a sleek appearance. The cane is made of aluminum, which means it is strong, and it can hold up to 250 lb in weight. The cane is lightweight, so it’s not difficult to carry around, and the grip handle is lined with foam, so it is comfortable and supportive to use, with a strong grip. There is also a strap on the handle, so you can either loop it around your wrist to give you extra peace of mind, or carry it easier.
The overall appearance is ideal for both men and women, and it is also adjustable, so you can increase the height from 30 to 39″, depending on your needs. The cane then locks with a ring to keep it in place.
- Attractive and sleek design
- Aluminium construction is strong and can hold up to 250lb
- Foam grip handle for comfort and grip
- Adjusts in height from 30 to 39″, with a locking ring to keep it in place
Again, this is a very highly rated walking cane, and all users state that it is very comfortable when using, thanks to the foam grip. The adjustment is also consistently rated as easy to use, and it locks into place very securely, giving you peace of mind that it’s not going to move whilst you’re leaning your weight onto it.
- Attractive and sleek unisex design
- Aluminium construction is strong
- Carry strap for extra security
- Adjusts in height from 30 to 39″, with a locking ring to hold it in place
- The weight limit is still very high, but isn’t as high as some other canes, which do go up to 300lb
FlexTIP Walking Cane
This final choice is a little more unconventional in appearance, but it is a very high quality walking cane regardless. The cane is blue and it has silver etching to give it a jazier appearance. The cane has a ‘omni-directional’ pivot action, which allows you to move in all directions easily, without jerking or twisting. there is also a shock absorbing wave spring design, which minimizes vibration or pressure when using the cane, especially over slightly uneven terrain.
Again, this cane adjusts in height, and it goes from 31 to 40″, making it ideal for a taller user. the handle is lined with foam for comfort and grip, and there is a strap on the end which you can loop around your arm for security, or to make it easier to carry. Overall, this cane is ideal for those who don’t mind paying a little extra money for more features.
- Sleek and jazzy design
- Omni-directional pivot action allows you to change direction more smoothly
- Shock absorbing design for comfort
- Height adjustment from 31 to 40″, ideal for taller users
- Foam lined handle, with strap, for extra security and comfort
- Strong and sturdy
- Attractive design
- Height adjustment up to 40″
- Holds weight up to 250lb
- Foam lined handle with strap for comfort
- Easy to change directions when using the cane
- Minimises shock on impact when using
- Higher price thanks to the extras, but this is worth it if you want to invest in a cane which has more than basic features